Hello everyone! Sorry about not posting last week. This week will be about weeks 6 and 7.
After the Kyoto trip, I took a couple days to relax and chill. I went shopping with my host family which was relaxing and fun. On Saturday, we celebrated my host grandma's birthday by going to a nice cafe that served delicious Italian noodles and cake. Then we went shopping around the nearby shopping district and returned home for dinner.
We had fugu, pufferfish, for dinner, and at first, I was a little nervous because you can die f you eat pufferfish not properly prepared but my host family eats pufferfish all the time so they know who to get it from and how to make it delicious. We had both raw pufferfish and pufferfish nabe. Both were soooo good! The raw pufferfish was very delicate but delicious and the boiled pufferfish tasted like a delicate white fish 😋 I would defiantly recommend it if you come to Japan but make sure you get it from a safe source.
Sunday we went shopping and to a cafe where I had a delicious sweet pancake. Monday I mainly did homework at a cafe near my host family's apartment and had delicious food for dinner as always. We had intestine nabe (hot pot).
On Tuesday, my host grandma took me to the aquarium! I wanted to go for a while because I like zoos and aquariums and it was so much fun. They had dolphins, beluga whales, orcas, and more. We were able to see an orca show which was really good. All the fish were so cute and I had a really good time with my host grandma.
On Wednesday, I went to the movie theatres with my friend to see the Demon Slayer movie. The quality of the animation on the big screen was really pretty and the music and sound effects were really loud so it was really good! After the movie, I went to lunch with my friends and then returned home to finish up my homework.
School continues as usual and the next weekend I went around Nagoya with some friends. We went to a shrine that only opens on the 18th of every month and a flea market that only happens on the 18th and 28th of every month. I was able to find some really nice souvenirs there for my family. After the market, I went to get a quick lunch at a super cheap but delicious sushi place I found right by the apartment. It was soo good and it was only 7$ for lunch for something that would have been 22$ in the US. Then, after lunch, I went with my friends to a street performer concert. It was pretty awkward because we were the only foreigners there and there weren't many people there but we still had fun. On Sunday, I did my homework and had an amazing crab dinner with curry nabe with my host family.
The next Wednesday, I went to the science museum with my friends. The Nagoya Science Museum has the largest planetarium in the world so I was very excited to go and see it. Every floor had many fun activities and though I didn't learn much, it is always fascinating to see the wonders of science. I love science and rocks so being able to explore and see many things was really fun. After, we went shopping at a new department store (yes, I do a lot of shopping here, it is a fun activity and I don't always buy things 😂). For dinner, my friend found a Mexican restaurant she wanted to try so we all went there. It was really good and a nice mixup from Japanese food.
After, we went shopping at a new department store (yes, I do a lot of shopping here, it is a fun activity and I don't always buy things 😂). For dinner, my friend found a Mexican restaurant she wanted to try so we all went there. It was really good and a nice mixup from Japanese food.
This weekend I'm going to see a movie with my host family and something else I haven't decided yet. Check back next week (hopefully) for more!
Comments
Post a Comment