Hello, hello. Here is the blog for weeks 15 and 16 :)
On the weekend of the 22nd, I went to Osaka! I met up with a foreign exchange student friend from college and we toured the city. It was fun, we went to Osaka Castle, had Okonomiyaki, went to Dotonbori Street, and the Nintendo Store. Osaka Castle was so large and pretty. Inside was actually a very modern-looking museum which surprised me because I was expecting it to look like the actual inside of a castle. However, the museum was cool and had many exhibits and information.
For lunch, I hadn't had Okonomiyaki since coming to Japan so I finally was able to try some. Okonomiyaki is like a cabbage pancake and many places make them differently so I tried the Osaka okonomiyaki. It was very delicious 👍😋.
Next, we went to the famous street in Osaka with all the signs called Dotonbori. The area definitely gave off big-city vibes haha. We didn't stay there long and moved on to the Nintendo store.
I was really looking forward to the Nintendo Store so I could buy a bunch of merchandise for me and my brothers. I ended up buying a lot of souvenirs for my brothers and some fun goods for myself too.
Lastly, we went to another central city area of Osaka known for shopping. The architectural design choices around the city and especially in the shopping area were so modern and clean that it was a very different atmosphere than some of the other cities I've been to. I was very tired after a long day so I returned early and went to sleep. The next day, I just had a chill day as well.
The next weekend (Week 16), the weekend of the 28th was also great fun! On Friday, my friends and I went to a night market that happens every last Friday of the month. It was a really cool market with a bunch of different types of food that I enjoyed a lot 😋.
The next day Saturday was the day of a concert I was really looking forward to. My friend and I entered the lottery to get tickets to see the K-pop group Tomorrow X Together and were successfully drawn so we were able to go to the concert. I was really happy to get a ticket because I tried to get a ticket last year when they were touring in America but all the tickets were sold out so I was finally being able to see them. My friend and I got to the performance venue early to eat and buy merchandise and it was such a nice venue! Japan really does know how to host a peaceful and organized concert. Everything was so smooth and effective and buying merchandise also took about 5 mins. The concert itself was absolutely amazing and so much fun. The performances and dances were incredible and even from my further away seat I could still see very well. I was very happy 😊 The next day I was pretty exhausted so I took another rest day and called my family.
Comments
Post a Comment