Japan- Weeks 19 and 1/2: Last week

 Hello everyone! This is my last blog post about my study abroad in Japan 😭 It went by so quickly but I feel like I was able to do SO many things so I have no regrets. I can't wait to go back in the future! So without further ado here is my last post. 


The week before I left Japan I had a week off to travel and do what I wanted between the last final exam and the commencement ceremony, so my friends and I planned a trip to Tokyo. 

Day 1, Tuesday, we went to Tokyo Disneyland! I had never been to a Disneyland before so it was so amazing! The whole park felt magical and I had a great time. It was a Tuesday so there weren't many people there so I was able to ride all the rides with wait times under 30 minutes πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘I ate lots of yummy themed foods, rode fun themed rides, and saw the two parades. All in all, a great day. 


Day 2, we had a tour of the Imperial Palace, went to a temple and museum, went to popular tourist spots, and went to Yokohama, a nearby city. The Imperial Palace was amazing to see and it was so interesting to learn all about it and the grounds. I decided to take the tour in Japanese and I was able to understand nearly all of it which made me so happy to know that I have learned a lot since coming to Japan. The temple was of course beautiful and we caught the tail end of a festival so there were some special decorations, a museum with more information, and an event. Lastly, we went to Yokohama which has a new cable car that gives you a look at the city, a little amusement park with a Ferris wheel, and a famous Chinatown. I was able to get very pretty pictures and look at the beautiful scenery of Yokohama while riding the cable car and Ferris wheel. 

Day 3, we went to an aquarium art museum, Tokyo Tower, and Shibuya. The aquarium art museum used the tanks of the fishes and lights to create beautiful art and designs, it was very peaceful. The Tokyo Tower was, of course, a classic and the shops inside were very nice. We had Monjayaki for lunch which is a specialty of Tokyo and it was delicious! Lastly, we went to Shinjuku, the famous large crosswalk and the popular Hachi statue of the loyal dog. We also stopped by the Nintendo and Pokemon stores while there and I did, unfortunately, buy more souvenirs haha. 

  

I then returned home and had a nice relaxing day with my host family and started packing. I continued packing into the next day and then in the evening, I went to see fireworks with my friends that are held every year in Nagoya's port. The firework display was awesome and the biggest one I've ever seen! My host sister gave me some advice on going since she goes every year and the crowds can get pretty large, but with her advice, the evening went very smoothly. It was a nice final event to end my study abroad. 

On Sunday, I finished packing, bought thank-you gifts for my host family because they deserve it and so much more for how well they treated me and welcomed me into their home, and had a lovely final dinner with my whole host family. 

Monday was the commencement ceremony and my final goodbye to many of the friends I made during my study abroad. It was a lovely ceremony and after-party with refreshments and I returned home to have my final dinner with my host mom and host sister since I would be leaving before dinner time the next day. 

Tuesday was the day I headed to the airport but since I was already packed I had a bit of a free day. I went for lunch in the underground area I went to all the time and had a wonderful walk with my host grandma through the park we live next to and to see the Mirai Tower one last time. My host mom made me a lovely quick dinner of all my favorites, red miso soup, the spaghetti salad she makes, and tuna. I was so grateful and it was so delicious! 

My host family said goodbye to me at the train station and I was off to the airport 😭


I seriously cannot thank my host family enough for making my time in Japan the best possible and I can't wait to see them again someday. My study abroad to Japan has been everything I was dreaming of and more. I had so many wonderful experiences, made many new friends, and created amazing relationships with my host family. Of course, improved some of my Japanese too haha 😁I definitely fell more in love with Japan and will definitely be returning as soon as I can 😊

またね、ζ—₯本



Comments