Hello hello. Let's just dive right in shall we?
On Monday the 10th, I got lunch with my language buddy and then went to an Escape Room with my friends. I love Escape Rooms in America so I was really excited. I did realize though that it was going to be entirely in Korean, so I was a little nervous, but we had two Korean friends there to help and lead the charge. I was able to figure out one puzzle and helped with some others but for the most part, I wasn't too helpful π We then had a lovely dinner and then went to a PC cafe. A PC cafe is a place with many (very nice) computers for people to play video games or do whatever they want. They is cheap food, drinks, and snacks there so it is a hit amongst young people. Using a computer is also SO cheap! It was only 2$ for an hour and a half. After I tried my hand at Overwatch and did not do so well π we headed back to the dorm for bed.
The next day I had Maratang, a Chinese soup, for lunch and it was sooo good. The soup was nutty and spicy and you get to put all the toppings you want and build your own soup. I put all my favorite things which meant many chewy things like rice cakes and noodles, so I was the last one to finish eating π
Wednesday, I had my favorite Soso Tteokbokki and Bingsu again. I then studied at a cafe and had a good dinner.
Thursday, I had a good lunch and then did some studying at a chocolate cafe. The chocolate cafe was SO good and my drink was so chocolaty without being too sweet πThe atmosphere was also perfect to study in and they were playing nice jazz/classical music. Later, I went to a baseball game! I went with a big group of friends and experience a baseball game for the first time ever. It was so much fun and the whole audience was so organized and together. We would all stand when our team was playing and sing chants/songs for the player up to bat. The songs had fun dances with them so it was never a boring time. While the other team played everyone sat and rested which was such a nice balance and made lasting to the end of the game very easy. I had some good chicken, which is a baseball classic here, and a Korean hotdog while watching the game. Overall so much fun!
On Friday, I worked my legs dead again at Taekwondo and after relaxed them at a Jjimjilbang, which is a spa. My friends and I went to a great spicy octopus and meat dinner and talked up a storm, then we headed to the spa. The Korean spa is many different rooms that do different things for your body. For example, they have a hot room (which is really hot π°), a cold room (which wasn't too cold), a hot rock and salt room, a super duper hot room (lasted 5 seconds), and a room with a fancy name I forgot but is really good for your health. I was able to do the classic spa activities like making "Sheep Hair" out of a towel and drinking rice water always served at the spas.
On Saturday we had our first cultural excursion as a whole CLS cohort. We went to a place called Hyanggyo, a traditional school for teaching ettiquete and manners. There I was able to learn about a tea ceremony and perform one myself. Then, I was able to wear a traditional Hanbok and learn about the various Hanboks for class, age, gender, and period of time. We then watched a traditional Korean wedding with two of the CLS cohort member, who were my classmates. The whole wedding commission was so fun and everyone looked great in their Hanboks. Lastly, we went to a delicious Bulgogi restaurant for lunch where I ended up eating everyone's watermelon slices and ate about 6 or 7 slices of watermelon π
I then came back and rested at my dorm for a little before going out to dinner with my friend. We had spicy intestines and beef. After dinner, we met up with the rest of our classmates at a board game cafe and played board games for hours. It was so much fun and I learned many new Korean board games and had a delicious ice cream.
Sunday had a relaxing start and I did my laundry and went to lunch by myself and ate Cheesy Tteokbokki. After lunch, I met up with my friends to go to a cat cafe. It was so cute and the cats were so nice. After that cafe, we went to a different cafe π (there are a lot of cafes here) and talked/hung out some more. Lastly, we went to dinner and had pig's feet. And oh. my. goodness. was it amazing. The meat was so soft and had such a lovely flavor. The fat as well was so delicious and all the sides you eat it with paired so perfectly.
Today, Monday the 17th, I had a normal class, normal lunch of Jjajangmyeon, black bean noodles, studied, and had a normal dinner of soft tofu stew.
Comments
Post a Comment